sábado, 6 de julio de 2019

A Book I've Enjoyed Reading

Honestly, I'm not a good reader, because I always get distracted for any reason.

But there are some books that I have really enjoyed. One of them was "Revival" by Steven King, an american writer.

I read this book a year ago even though I bought it more than two years ago. This is what i mean when i say that i'm a bad reader. The reason i decided acquire this book is because i like the genre of horror, so i expected feel unconfortable reading a book of an author who is famous for write about this topics.

Anyway, the book tell the history of Jamie Morton, a child who in 1968 live whit his family in a small town in New England. A day like any other Jamie was playing with his soldiers figures when a stranger interrumps him, that man was the new preacher of the village, Charles Jacobs. Soon the two will share a close bond, based on their fascination with experiments with electricity.

I remember why it was difficult for me to read this, i thought that horror moments would be present from the beginning, but it took more that just the first pages. So i got bored and stopped reading for a while.
When i started over, several decades later, Jamie was fallen into drug addiction and live a nomadic life playing guitar for different bands in bars across the country. Then he crosses paths with Jacobs again, resulting in something that goes much further than a pact with the devil.

The book is quite entertaining in my opinion, it keeps you hoping that Jamie's mental health will stand up to overcome the difficulties.

Resultado de imagen para revival

3 comentarios:

  1. I'm a bad reader too, I get bored so easily.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. the theme of horror is not to my liking, but the book sounds quite interesting especially with an author like Stephen King

    ResponderBorrar

  3. I had heard that it was an interesting book, I read carrie years ago but I do not finish by convince me haha

    ResponderBorrar